Once you have signed up, we will send you an email to let you know about the next steps, which we have outlined below:
Next Steps After Registering
- Choose a mentor from our team and book a session with them
- Fill out a monitoring form to help us see where your child is at
- Read and sign off on our “Project Contract”
- Have an initial 15-minute phone consultation with your child’s mentor
- Ensure your child attends every mentoring session on time
- Have a 5 minute catch up with your child’s mentor after each 30-minute session
- Have a 15-minute phone consultation with your child’s mentor halfway through the programme (3 months in)
- Fill out a monitoring form halfway through the programme (2 months in)
- Fill out a monitoring and feedback form at the end of the programme (4 months)
Why should we apply for Dance Connect?
Through Dance Connect, participants will improve in the following ways:
BEHAVIOUR – Young people’s behaviour in their homes and educational settings will improve.
WELLBEING – Young people’s mental wellbeing and emotional resilience will be improved through identifying and and developing their coping skills.
ENGAGEMENT – Young people’s ability to cooperate with those in authority as well as their own peers will increase.
ATTAINMENT – Young people’s educational and social attainment will be increased.
We ran a pilot scheme from January to March this year with the following statistics to prove its effectiveness:
- 87% of parents reported that their child’s behaviour has improved
- 70% of parents reported they see their child behaving in a withdrawn manner less often
- 66% of parents reported their child displaying less anxious feelings
- 89% of participants reported that they feel withdrawn less often
- 75% of parents reported they have seen their child show higher levels of engagement
If you’d like to read more about our pilot Dance Connect, please find our project report here.
If you have any further questions please do contact us with any queries email@example.com.