Streetz Ahead is committed to providing a safe space for young people to participate in group physical activities during the global Covid-19 pandemic. The following document outlines Streetz Ahead’s approach to ensuring the safety of young people, staff and volunteers as well their families and friends.
Obligations of Streetz Ahead
Streetz Ahead agree that: Prior to activities:
- ● They have undertaken and implemented a full activity risk assessment in line with Government requirements.
- ● They have considered who is essential to be on the premises during each activity and calculated the appropriate amount of participants for each venue in order to maintain social distancing (no more than 15 participants). Further, groups will be kept consistent activity-to-activity as far as possible.
- ● They will plan in advance to avoid any activities that compromise social distancing or other good practice.
- ● They have made appropriate arrangements so that those participating with access requirements can do so in a safe and supportive environment.During activities:
- ● They will avoid face-to-face positions where possible.
- ● They will ensure good ventilation in venues using natural ventilation (opening windows) or ventilation units, where possible.
- ● They will provide equipment for all participants to work safely where appropriate, such as face coverings and gloves.
- ● Where singing/spoken word are involved, participants will not stand facing one another or be less than a minimum of 3 metres apart.
- ● Where the use of handheld microphones is required, these will be cleaned thoroughly between uses.
- ● They will isolate and immediately inform the parent/guardian of any participants who show Covid-19 related symptoms.After activities:
● They will keep an accurate and up-to-date register of participants for 21 days in order to comply with NHS Test & Trace if necessary.
Obligations of participants
Young people and their families agree that:
● Any person attending a Streetz Ahead activity and members of their household have not displayed symptoms of Covid-19 within the previous 14 days: a new continuous cough, a high temperature or a change in sense of smell or taste. Please refer to NHS guidance
for the most up to date information – Streetz Ahead will update this list where it becomes necessary.
- ● Participants will follow the guidance of Streetz Ahead staff during activities in order to maintain social distancing.
- ● Participants will follow the necessary preventative procedures during activities, including but not limited to:
- ○ Regular handwashing and use of hand sanitiser
- ○ Not sharing personal items – journals, writing implements, etc○ Ensuring good respiratory hygiene by adhering to the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
- ● Participants and their parents/guardians will adhere to allocated venue drop-off and pick-up times given by Streetz Ahead.
- ● Only use parts of the venue designated for Streetz Ahead activities, and follow any marked out routes around venues.
- ● To walk, drive or cycle to the venue if they can. Where this is not possible, to use public transport, following government guidelines at all times. – If travelling on public transport, to only travel during ‘quiet times’, defined by TfL as 8.15am – 4pm and after
- ● 5.30pm.
- ● Participants will bring their own water bottles, labelled with their name and for personaluse only.
- ● Participants will bring their own pens/pencils, labelled with their name and for personal use only.
- ● Participants will wash their hands using NHS guidelines which will be displayed in the venue.
- ● Immediately inform Streetz Ahead in the event that they begin to show Covid-19 related symptoms within 14 days of attending an activity, and keep Streetz Ahead informed of any test results undertaken.References/Further Reading
NHS Guidance on Symptoms
TfL Guidance on Public Transport
UK Government Guidelines on the Performing Arts UK Government Guidelines on Afterschool Clubs